IQ offer off-the-shelf training packages in partnership with CompTIA’s recognised qualifications as well as customised developer team acceleration labs, consulting and development services. Find out more about our packaged courses below or get in touch to discuss putting together a custom programme to meet your precise requirements.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials eLearning Course
|Certificate: CompTIA Cloud Essentials Exam Certificate
Duration: 12 hours
Course Delivery: eLearning (QAS Self-study)
|Course ID: VCC1220E
Language: English, Portuguese, Japanese
Credits: 11 PDUs
The Cloud Essentials Course™ is a 12-hour, interactive, online learning experience. This introductory course provides a balanced curriculum and addresses the business and technical perspectives of cloud computing. It also explains how to adopt, operate, and govern the cloud. The course enables participants to successfully complete the associated CompTIA® Cloud Essentials Exam to become Cloud Essentials Certified.
- This course has been designated as CompTIA Approved Quality Content
- Cloud Essentials courseware is tested by ProCert Labs
- Cloud Essentials courseware is accredited by the Cloud Credential Council
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Analysts
- Small and Mid-Size Business Owners
- Specialist (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, test, and so on)
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- IT Management
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions of cloud computing.
- Comprehend the business benefits and business considerations of cloud computing.
- Understand cloud computing from a technical perspective and recognize the various techniques, methods, challenges, and types of clouds.
- Understand the impact and changes of cloud computing on IT service management.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of cloud computing, and understand the implications for an organization.
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of cloud computing and its financial and strategic impact on an organization.
- Computer (Pentium IV, Internet Explorer 5.x, cookies enabled, Macromedia Flash Player 6.0, speakers or a headset, and 1,024X768 pixel resolution)
- Broadband Internet connection
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain.
Online, self-paced instructional material available for 90 days.
About the Examination:
- The course includes an Exam Preparation module, preparing participants to complete the CompTIA Cloud Essentials Exam on the second day of the course.
- The exam consists of 50 questions, the passing score is 720 (on a scale of 900), and is web-based in English, Japanese and Portuguese.
- Professionals who have passed both the CompTIA Cloud Essentials Exam, as well as the CCC Virtualization Essentials exam are eligible for the Cloud Technology Associate Certificate (www.cloudcredential.org).
|1. Course Introduction||Course Overview and Logistics|
|2. Introduction to Cloud Computing||Context, History, Definitions, and Types of Clouds|
|3. Business Perspective||Business Perspectives, Business Case, and Outsourcing vs. Cloud Computing|
|4. Technical Perspective||Taxonomy, Techniques, Methods, Challenges, Risks, and Implications|
|4. Adopting the Cloud||Roadmaps, Vendors, Cloud Readiness, and Migration|
|5. Operating in the Cloud||Service Management: Control, Design, Change, and Run|
|6. Governing the Cloud||Risk Management, Financial Management, and Vendor Management|
|7. Exam Preparation||50 Questions|